Sunday, November 16, 2014

Day 11 August 15th: Back to Reality



Up in the morning after a nice night in the Best Western we hit the road. I know this road like the back of my hand, and love to taking detours to break up the drive. I had arranged to meet my college mentor, Dr. Urban, at Monmouth College, not surprisingly in Monmouth, IL. We dropped off I-80 crossing the river at Muscatine. We then took back roads along the river , passing by New Boston and Keithsburg with the straight run over on 164 .
We had an engaging hour, catching up on the college, old profs, and the general stability of the place which had given me so much. I remember the last time I was there, in 2005 and we talked about how dynamic the new Illinois Senator Obama was. How life moves on.
Back in the car for the six hour run back home.
My dad always said you could tell a good vacation because you were glad to get home. We were, but did we have a good time while we were gone,


Next Year? Yellowstone,, already made the room reservations

No comments:

Post a Comment